Coming Up at the ELC:
Final Reception: TALENT SHOW
- Friday, May 8 @ 5:30 – 6:30 pm on Zoom
- Do you have a special talent?? We would love to know! Submit your videos to Teresa
- You can make a short video on TikTok, download a copy to your phone, and email that version to Teresa!
- Summer 2020 scholarship winners will be announced!
Virtual Social: TEXAS TRIVIA
- Monday, April 20 @3:45 – 4:45 pm
- Check your email for the link to Zoom!
Virtual We Chat Wednesdays
- April 29 @3:45-4:45 pm on Zoom
Continuing Applications Available
Summer 2020 New Pricing: EXTRA 5% OFF IF YOU PAY BY MAY 15
Coping with Stress
- One of the excellent features of yoga is that it can be prescriptive, meaning that if you have a feeling or a need then you can find a yoga series to meet that need!
- We are all trying to manage our stress and anxiety right now, so I have added several videos to illustrate how prescriptive yoga can be for some of the feelings you might be having right now. It’s important to note that these are all done by Yoga With Adrienne, but not only are there many instructors out there, there are also many different types of yoga, so search around and you’re sure to find something that fits well for you!
- It can be really healing to just acknowledge whatever emotion and feeling we are having. I found it particularly nice that Adrienne is allowing us to be in whatever feeling we are experiencing, and not trying to change it.
Yoga For Vulnerability:
Yoga for Anxiety and Stress:
Yoga for When You’re Angry:
Yoga for Bedtime:
Mindfulness & Meditation:
- You can do anything for 3 minutes, right? I like to start small with anything. If I bite off more than I can chew, sometimes I’ll become disheartened and give up. But 3 minutes is nothing, right?! I spend longer than that staring into my refrigerator trying to decide what I’m going to eat!
- So spend 3 minutes on yourself, just 3 minutes! You can thank me later.
- 3-Minute Body Scan to Cultivate Mindfulness
- If you liked that, even a little bit, go to this website to find out more about Mindfulness!
- I’ll even tell you the biggest secret! It’s not about emptying your mind! Not at all. It’s about paying attention- to the present!
- Many of us are experiencing trouble sleeping right now. Try these Healthy Sleep Tips for a good night’s rest.
- It’s crucial for me to know I’m not alone whenever I’m experiencing something difficult. If you’re having strange or particularly vivid dreams right now, YOU’RE NOT ALONE! Check out this website devoted to current COVID dreams.
- TeXercise…At Home with UT’s RecSports YouTube Channel. You can now work out with your favorite TeXercise instructors online. RecSports will release two new workouts each week in a variety of formats!
- It’s the most beautiful time of the year for Texas! Take a walk in your neighborhood (while social distancing) and look for these beautiful insects!
- If you’re feeling isolated from family and friends, a great way to reconnect to the world around you and the people in your community is to volunteer your time and energy in an area you feel passionate about.
- CNN has put together resources from various areas of interest (food distribution, homelessness, seniors, and people with disabilities) for people to more easily volunteer their time and energy.
- Where do you want to donate your time and energy?