Coming Up in ELC:
- Placement Tests & Registration: July 2
- Orientation: July 3 from 11am – 12pm Texas Time on Zoom
Upcoming Social Events:
Talk Time on Zoom
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, June 30
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm Texas Time
Social: Lunch & Learn “4th of July”
- Take time to eat and learn about how American’s celebrate our nation’s birthday!
- Friday, July 3
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm Texas Time on Zoom
COVID-19 Cases Continue to Rise:
- All businesses must require all employees and visitors to wear face coverings.
- Our numbers of COVID-19 cases are rising exponentially.
- In order to keep each other safe, we must stay home whenever possible, wear a mask when we go out, and practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- Social gatherings should still be avoided.
- Face covering does not substitute for the need to maintain physical distancing. Face coverings and physical distancing decrease the risk of spread.
- Face coverings should cover both nose and mouth and attach securely behind the ears.
- Face coverings should be washed after each use with hot water and soap, and hands should be washed immediately after touching the cover.
It is vital that people experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, even mild ones, to stay home, except for medical care. Mild symptoms in COVID-19 positive patients include:
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Change in the ability to smell and taste
- Nasal congestion
What To Do If You Get Sick:
- Take a Self-Assessment Online
- or University Health Services– M-F 8AM-5PM, call Nurse Advice Line at 512-475-6877
- Maintain Social Connections
- Physical Activity
- Eat Well
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours each night
- Practice Healthy Relationships
- Maintain Healthy Finances
- Keep Occupied
- Take Care of Each Other