Coming Up in ELC:
Final Reception: Video TALENT SHOW
- Friday, August 7, 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Texas Time via Zoom.
- You can make a short video, download a copy to your phone, and email version to Teresa!
- Take a look at some of last semester’s submissions for inspiration!
- Deadline for submissions: Monday, August 3 @5:00 pm
- Fall 2020 scholarship winners will be announced!
Continuing Student Application
- Fall 2020 session
- Available online HERE
- Pay in full by August 10 and save $245 for full-time in-person classes!
Health and Wellness:
UT’s Recreational Sports- Stay Home, Stay Active website has multiple ways for you to stay active while we’re away from campus!
- TeXercise…At Home! with RecSports YouTube channel: 45 free workout videos
- No Equipment Home Workouts: free resources for aerobic, strength, and combination workouts designed to be done at home and don’t require any equipment.
- F45 Challenge is a nutrition and training program focused on holistic well-being and designed to help members transform their lives. Free access when you create an account on F45 Challenge using your .edu email address.
- Adventure at Home is a series of posts created by Outdoor Recreation staff designed to help you get outside, amp up your outdoor cooking skills, find inspiration from epic adventures and more!
- 2020 National Recreation Movement: RecSports is partnering with NIRSA, TikTok, and over 40 colleges and universities across the country to bring you the 2020 Recreation Movement, all about staying active together, even when we’re apart. Participating schools will be sharing a variety of live and recorded workouts through the platform. The program is free and open to all university students, faculty, staff and alumni nationwide with a .edu email address.
Yoga uses postures to align, strengthen and promote flexibility in the body, and breathing techniques to link movement with the breath.
- One of the excellent features of yoga is that it can be prescriptive, meaning that if you have a feeling or a need then you can find a yoga series to meet that need!
- We are all trying to manage our stress and anxiety, so I have added several videos to illustrate how prescriptive yoga can be for some of the feelings you might be having right now. It’s important to note that these are all done by Yoga With Adrienne, but not only are there many instructors out there, there are also many different types of yoga, so search around and you’re sure to find something that fits well for you!
- It can be really healing to just acknowledge whatever emotion and feeling we are having. I found it particularly nice that Adrienne is allowing us to be in whatever feeling we are experiencing, and not trying to change it.
Yoga For Vulnerability:
Yoga for Anxiety and Stress:
Yoga for When You’re Angry:
Yoga for Bedtime:
Leave a Reply