Coming Up in ELC:
NO CLASS MONDAY SEPTEMBER 7!
- Labor Day is on Monday, September 7th. This day, which is celebrated in Canada and the United States, is similar to International Labor Day which falls on May 1st in many countries. Labor Day marks the end of the summer holidays for most students and is also a day to celebrate the achievements of workers (originating from the Labor Movements that campaigned for better working conditions and wages). Learn more HERE about Labor Day while you practice your English skills!
Electives Begin- Tuesday, September 8, 2020
Schedule: T/Th – Texas Time
- 11:00 am – 12:50 pm
Upcoming Social Events:
Talk Time on Zoom
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm Texas Time
Would You Rather? on Zoom
- Play this fun conversational party game and get to know your classmates!
- Thursday, September 10, 2020
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm Texas Time
Longhorn Connection is a new site that brings students together – wherever you are – with virtual events and activities for community, wellness, and creativity longhornconnection.utexas.edu
- There are tons of virtual events posted you can get involved in!
- You can visit the Community, Wellness, and Creativity pages to explore events by category and look through lots of the available resources!
- You can write a letter to your future self and the website will automatically send it to you 1 year from now!
- You can share your recent listening experience by adding your own Spotify playlists and discover what other students have submitted!
- The community mural is a creative space for Longhorns to share words and images of support, and resilience!
PALS Language Circles
- Fill out your interest forms HERE to join Language Circles with the Partnerships to Advance Language Study (PALS) student organization!
- The Language Circles Program (LCP) is designed to provide students with opportunities to have conversational practices with native speakers.
- Due Wednesday, September 9