Coming Up in ELC:
Classes on July 5
- July 4 is a national holiday celebrating US Independence Day.
- Regularly scheduled classes on Monday, July 5.
Resume and CV Writing Presentation
- Learn why resumes and CVs are important and how to write them!
- Thursday, July 8
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm Texas Time
- Link on Canvas calendar!
Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, July 6
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- On campus: CBA 4.330
- Virtual: Zoom Link available on Canvas
Boats on Barton
- Join your friends at the English Language Center in one of the most popular activities to do in Austin!
- Friday, July 9
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm
- Meet at 2101 Andrew Zilker Road, Austin, TX 78746.
The Fourth of July
- Americans celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence from Great Britain in 1776.
- Many Americans traditionally celebrate by spending time with family and friends, cooking outdoors on grills, and watching fireworks displays.
H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks
- H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks is back!
- Spend this Independence Day with your family and friends, decked out in red, white and blue.
- Head down to Vic Mathias Shores (formerly Auditorium Shores) for an amazing event complete with a fireworks display over the city skyline backed by the Austin Symphony Orchestra playing patriotic classics.
- The festivities begin at 8 p.m., followed by “mile-high” fireworks.
- The event is free and open to the public.
- Plan ahead! There will be many thousands of people out watching the fireworks display. Please visit this AustinTexas.gov website to learn what to prepare for and how to get there.
- You can also consider viewing the fireworks from another (less populated) location. View this article, linked here, for suggestions.