Coming Up in ELC:
Spring 2 Classes Begin
MWF – Texas Time
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
TTH – Texas Time
- 8:30 am – 10:45 am (AEP)
- 2:00 pm – 4:15 pm (ELP)
Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, March 22
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- In Person: BEN 1.108
Happy Hour Social at Cain & Abel’s
- Join your friends in the ELC for a fun happy hour social at Cain & Abel’s restaurant.
- Friday, March 25
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Cain & Abel’s, 2313 Rio Grande St.
You can join RecSports in-person or virtually. Either way, they will help you reach your goals!
Stay Active with TeXercise:
- TeXercise on Campus (In-Person) is an in-person TeXercise experience with the same instructors you love at some of your favorite campus locations, with enhanced safety precautions and advance reservations encouraged. There are 60+ in-person classes each week in multiple formats like, F45 Studio, Barre, Cardio Kickboxing, Cycle, Yoga, Total Body Conditioning, Hip Hop Cardio, Zumba, TRX, Step and more. TeXercise on Campus classes will take place in Gregory Gym and the Recreational Sports Center. Locations vary depending on the format. Learn More.
- TeXercise on Demand (Virtual) allows you to be a part of the TeXercise community from wherever you are with unlimited access to our pre-recorded TeXercise class library. TeXercise on Demand includes over 150 (and counting) pre-recorded classes to participate in at your convenience in multiple formats like, HipHop Cardio, Barre, Kickboxing, Zumba, Total Body Conditioning, Pilates Mat and Tabata Interval Training and more. Learn More.
- Adventure Trips- Explore the outdoors by paddleboarding, canoeing, kayaking, and backpacking this spring! Learn More.
- Intramural Sports- This program provides competitive and recreational sports leagues, tournaments and special events for all students, regardless of skill level. These activities foster leadership, sportsmanship, and education. Learn More.
- Sport Clubs- Compete like a Longhorn! Each club offers students the opportunity to pursue a higher degree of participation with a group of individuals interested in the same sport. There are over 40 options! Learn More.
- Climbing Wall- The Gregory Gym features 2,600 square feet of indoor rock climbing! Once you are a RecSports member, you are eligible to purchase a day or monthly pass to the Climbing Wall! Linked Here.
- Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex- As it starts to get warmer in Austin, you can beat the early summer heat at the Outdoor Lap and Leisure Pools or the Natatorium! The Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex offers 2 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, outdoor spa, deck space and lounging ledge. View facility hours HERE.
- Membership to RecSports is not included in the cost of your ELC tuition.
- Memberships are between $20 – $26 each month.
- Access to all RecSports facilities at The University of Texas at Austin. (Including that beautiful pool above!)
- Access to weight rooms.
- Access to sports equipment check-out.
- Ability to make advanced court reservations.
- You can purchase your membership and additional services online, Linked HERE.
30 Day Complementary Membership:
- RecSports is offering a free 30 day trial membership!
- Experience why for over a century, the UT and Austin area community have trusted RecSports for their fitness and recreation activities.
- Your 30-day complimentary trial includes:
- Access to all seven RecSports facilities
- Access to 100+ in-person and on demand TeXercise classes
- Towel service
- Sports equipment checkout for use at RecSports courts and fields
- Learn More HERE!
Leave a Reply