Coming Up in ELC:
Final Reception: TALENT SHOW
- Thursday, May 5
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- William C. Powers Student Activity Center – Ballroom (WCP 2.410/2.412)
- Winners of the spring 2022 scholarships will be announced!
- Dinner will be served.
- Each semester, our final reception features a talent show.
- Past shows have included:
- songs- Karaoke style or musical instruments!
- martial arts demonstrations
- poems in many languages
- international fashion shows
- skits and comedy
- Don’t feel shy! Grab your friends and classmates to help you out!
- We will also put together a slide show of photos from throughout the spring. Please share your pictures here to add them to the show!
- When you’ve decided what you’ll perform, send me an email so that we can add you to the program and coordinate your audio and video needs.
- We can’t wait to hear what you have planned!
Last Day of Classes
- Last Day of Spring 2022!
- Friday, May 6
Continuing Student Applications
- For Summer 2022
- Application available onlineHERE
- We would love to see you again!
Pools and Splash Pads in Austin
Austin is a wonderful place to live, but it does get HOT during the summer! Here are some ways to stay cool while you continue to explore UT and Austin this summer.
- Lap swimming
- Leisure swimming
- Water Basketball
- Water Volleyball
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Indoor Leisure Pool
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- Outdoor Leisure Pool
- Outdoor Event Pool
- Outdoor Spa: 20 person capacity, 102-104 degrees
- Deck space and lounging ledge
- Monday – Friday: 6 – 9 am, 12 – 2 pm, 5 – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 am – 2 pm.
Outdoor Lap Pool:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 7 am – 9 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 11 am – 8 pm
Outdoor Leisure Pool & Event Pool:
- Monday – Friday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 12 pm – 5 pm
- Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex is a part of RecSports.
- Membership to RecSports is not included in your ELC tuition.
- You can purchase your membership online, linked here.
Reservations: Advance reservations are no longer required for the Outdoor Lap Pool or Natatorium. They are drop-in use only; on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Natural spring-fed water.
- It’s COLD! 68-70 degrees Fahrenheit (20-21 degrees Celsius)
- Federally protected habitat, which is home to the Barton Springs Salamander.
- Hours: Guarded Swim – Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays 8 am – 10 pm
- Closed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- $5 entry
- Check for prohibited items
- Open Daily 9 am – 10 pm
Just one part of the larger Butler Metro Park (formerly Town Lake Metro Park). This fountain overlooks downtown Austin, and lights up beautifully at night!
Located super close to campus, the splash pad is at the southern most point of the newly renovated Pease Park at 1100 Kingsbury St.
- Open daily 8 am – 10 pm
- Mid-May – Mid-September