Coming Up in ELC:
Applying to Undergraduate School Info. Session:
- Join and learn about the undergraduate school application process at U.T., ACC, and other colleges and universities in the US!
- Thursday, July 14
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- In-person: Texas Global, N24 118
Scholarship Application: Fall 2022
- Application available online HERE
- Submission Deadline: Monday, July 18 at 5 p.m.
- Two (2) scholarships are typically awarded: one for AEP and one for ELP
- Award will cover $2,500 towards intensive tuition for the Fall 2022 (15–week) session in either AEP or ELP.
Continuing Student Applications
- For Fall 2022
- Application available onlineHERE
- We would love to see you again!
Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, July 12
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- In Person: PAR 101
Taco Lunch Social
- Join your friends and classmates in the ELC for a delicious taco lunch!
- Thursday, July 14
- 12:30 – 2:00 pm
- In Person: CBA 3.304, Events Room by the Atrium
You can join RecSports in-person or virtually. Either way, they will help you reach your goals!
Stay Active with TeXercise:
- TeXercise on Campus (In-Person) is an in-person TeXercise experience with the same instructors you love at some of your favorite campus locations, with enhanced safety precautions and advance reservations encouraged. There are 60+ in-person classes each week in multiple formats like, F45 Studio, Barre, Cardio Kickboxing, Cycle, Yoga, Total Body Conditioning, Hip Hop Cardio, Zumba, TRX, Step and more. TeXercise on Campus classes will take place in Gregory Gym and the Recreational Sports Center. Locations vary depending on the format. Learn More.
- TeXercise on Demand (Virtual) allows you to be a part of the TeXercise community from wherever you are with unlimited access to our pre-recorded TeXercise class library. TeXercise on Demand includes over 150 (and counting) pre-recorded classes to participate in at your convenience in multiple formats like, HipHop Cardio, Barre, Kickboxing, Zumba, Total Body Conditioning, Pilates Mat and Tabata Interval Training and more. Learn More.
- Adventure Trips- Explore the outdoors by paddleboarding, canoeing, kayaking, and backpacking for the upcoming Fall semester! Learn More.
- Intramural Sports- This program provides competitive and recreational sports leagues, tournaments and special events for all students, regardless of skill level. These activities foster leadership, sportsmanship, and education. Learn More.
- Sport Clubs- Compete like a Longhorn! Each club offers students the opportunity to pursue a higher degree of participation with a group of individuals interested in the same sport. There are over 40 options! Learn More.
- Climbing Wall- The Gregory Gym features 2,600 square feet of indoor rock climbing! Once you are a RecSports member, you are eligible to purchase a day or monthly pass to the Climbing Wall! Linked Here.
- Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex- Now that it is so hot in Austin, you can beat the summer heat at the Outdoor Lap and Leisure Pools or the Natatorium! The Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex offers 2 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, outdoor spa, deck space and lounging ledge. View facility hours HERE.
- Membership to RecSports is not included in the cost of your ELC tuition.
- Memberships are between $20 – $26 each month.
- Access to all RecSports facilities at The University of Texas at Austin. (Including that beautiful pool above!)
- Access to weight rooms.
- Access to sports equipment check-out.
- Ability to make advanced court reservations.
- You can purchase your membership and additional services online, Linked HERE.
30 Day Complementary Membership:
- RecSports is offering a free 30 day trial membership!
- Experience why for over a century, the UT and Austin area community have trusted RecSports for their fitness and recreation activities.
- Your 30-day complimentary trial includes:
- Access to all seven RecSports facilities
- Access to 100+ in-person and on demand TeXercise classes
- Towel service
- Sports equipment checkout for use at RecSports courts and fields
- Learn More HERE!
It’s really helpful to know this information about RecSports. You can find many clubs at UT, sporty and not so sporty. A lot of them offer a free trial at the beginning of the semester, which is cool if you want to check if you like it or not before committing to a fee. I really appreciate the details in this post since I wasn’t familiar with the membership situation until I tried to access one of the facilities. I know many students would appreciate learning about RecSports at the beginning of each semester.
Grear post, Jack! Thanks!
Jack Taylor says
Thanks, Rahaf! RecSports has so much to offer.