Coming Up in ELC:
Meet a UT Scholar
- UT brings many talented individuals to campus. Meet a few of our international scholars in a relaxed social atmosphere. Learn about their research as well as tips for living and working in Austin.
- Texas Global ISSS event. All scholars and students are invited to participate.
- Virtual event
- Register Here
Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, September 13
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- MEZ 1.102
Jim-Jim’s Water Ice Social
- Try this sweet, icy treat while you socialize with your friends in the ELC!
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm
- Meet at the Barbara Jordan statue at 24th St. and Whitis Ave.
- 307 W. 24th St.
Pools and Splash Pads in Austin
Austin is a wonderful place to live, but it does get HOT during the summer! Here are some ways to stay cool while you explore UT and Austin while it’s still hot.
- Lap swimming
- Leisure swimming
- Water Basketball
- Water Volleyball
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Indoor Leisure Pool *currently closed for emergency maintenance
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- Outdoor Leisure Pool
- Outdoor Event Pool
- Outdoor Spa: 20 person capacity, 102-104 degrees
- Deck space and lounging ledge
- Monday – Friday: 6 – 9 am, 12 – 2 pm, 5 – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 am – 2 pm.
Outdoor Lap Pool:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 7 am – 9 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 11 am – 8 pm
Outdoor Leisure Pool:
- Monday – Friday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 12 pm – 5 pm
- Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex is a part of RecSports.
- Membership to RecSports is not included in your ELC tuition.
- You can purchase your membership online, linked here.
- $26 a month!
- Natural spring-fed water.
- It’s COLD! 68-70 degrees Fahrenheit (20-21 degrees Celsius)
- Federally protected habitat, which is home to the Barton Springs Salamander.
- Hours: Guarded Swim – Every day except Thursday: 8 am – 10 pm
- Thursday – closed 9 am – 7 pm. Open Guarded Swim from 7 pm – 10 pm.
- $5 entry
- Check for prohibited items
- Open Daily 9 am – 10 pm
Just one part of the larger Butler Metro Park (formerly Town Lake Metro Park). This fountain overlooks downtown Austin, and lights up beautifully at night!
Located super close to campus, the splash pad is at the southern most point of the newly renovated Pease Park at 1100 Kingsbury St.
- Open daily 8 am – 10 pm
- Mid-May – Mid-September