Coming Up in ELC:
UT Volunteer Fair
- The UT Volunteer Fair brings the local community to campus! Each fall, nearly 70 local community-based organizations on campus to meet members of the UT community, make connections, and recruit volunteers. (more details will be added soon).
- Gregory Plaza
Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, September 20
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- MEZ 1.102
PALS Fall Kick Off
- Food, games, and learn a language! Kick off the start of the semester with PALS by learning a language and making new friends! You will be able to meet international students who are willing to teach their respective language and US students teaching English.
- Partnerships to Advance Language Study (PALS) offers both US and international students a chance to connect with each other and practice their English or foreign language skills for social events and in informal language circles. Learn about PALS.
- Space 24 Twenty (big open patio by stores)
- Register here to attend.
Murder Mystery & Cupcakes
- Bring your lunch and help solve a murder mystery! We will have a murder mystery game and cupcakes.
- Friday, September 23
- CBA 4.348
Follow these self-guided tours to dive deeper into all The University of Texas at Austin has to offer.
- This is the university’s public art program. It is broadly accessible and free to all. The public art collection is one of the most distinguishing features of the main campus.
- More than fifty works of modern and contemporary art are on view throughout the 433-acre campus.
- Visit website for more information.
On Cell App:
You can enjoy the Landmarks collection while walking on campus. Use your smartphone to access self-guided tours of select outdoor works of art, audio guides, artist videos, Spotify playlists, and more. Download the app or scan the QR code below.
This app allows you to discover over forty works of art from Landmarks, the public art collection of The University of Texas at Austin.
- Touch the navigation buttons at the bottom of this screen to access visitor information, maps, information about the collection, self-guided tours, and feedback options.
- While on the Collections page, scroll to the top of the menu to search works of art by title or artist name.
Watch interviews (below) with artists and academics about works in the Landmarks collection.
Live Green Campus Tour
- Take this self-guided tour of the UT Austin campus.
- Walk the gorgeous UT campus while discovering the secrets of sustainability and the history of the university.
- About 2 miles long or just under 1 hour of walking.
Walking Waller Creek
- This self-guided walking tour of Waller Creek explores the urban stream and ecosystem that bisects The University of Texas at Austin.
- Learn about sustainable gardening on the UT campus, rainwater collection, native plants and wildlife, and so much more!
- The tour is 1.9 miles long (about 1 hour)
- Print this map!
- Practice your English listening skills by listening to the tour narrated by staff!
Leave a Reply