Coming Up in ELC:
Final Reception: TALENT SHOW
- Monday, April 24
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- WCP Student Activity Center – Ballroom (WCP 2.410/2.412)
- Winners of the Summer 2023 scholarships will be announced!
- Dinner will be served.
- Each semester, our final reception features a talent show.
- Past shows have included:
- songs- Karaoke style or musical instruments!
- martial arts demonstrations
- poems in many languages
- international fashion shows
- Don’t feel shy! Grab your friends and classmates to help you out!
- We will also put together a slide show of photos from throughout the spring. Please share your pictures here to add them to the show!
- When you’ve decided what you’ll perform, send me an email so that we can add you to the program and coordinate your audio and video needs.
- Please let me know by Wednesday, April 19.
- We can’t wait to hear what you have planned!
Continuing Student Applications
- For Summer 2023
- Application available online HERE
- We would love to see you again!
Upcoming Social Events:
Final Talk Time
- Final Talk Time for Spring 2023!
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, April 11
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- MEZ 1.212 & 1.204
Boats on Barton
- Join your friends at the English Language Center in one of the most popular activities to do in Austin!
- Wednesday, April 12
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Meet at Zilker Boat Rental
- 2101 Andrew Zilker Road
Pools and Splash Pads in Austin
Austin is a wonderful place to live, but it does get HOT during the summer! Here are some ways to stay cool while you explore UT and Austin when it gets hot this summer.
- Lap swimming
- Leisure swimming
- Water Basketball
- Water Volleyball
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Indoor Leisure Pool
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- Outdoor Leisure Pool
- Outdoor Event Pool
- Outdoor Spa: 20 person capacity, 102-104 degrees
- Deck space and lounging ledge
- Monday – Friday: 6 – 9 am, 12 – 2 pm, 5 – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 am – 2 pm.
Outdoor Lap Pool:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 7 am – 9 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 11 am – 8 pm
Outdoor Leisure & Event Pools:
- Monday – Friday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 12 pm – 5 pm
- Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex is a part of RecSports.
- Membership to RecSports is not included in your ELC tuition.
- You can purchase your membership online, linked here.
- $26 a month!
- Natural spring-fed water.
- It’s COLD! 68-70 degrees Fahrenheit (20-21 degrees Celsius)
- Federally protected habitat, which is home to the Barton Springs Salamander.
- Hours: Guarded Swim – MTWFSS (everyday except Thursday) 8 am – 10 pm
- Thursday – closed 9 am – 7 pm. Open Guarded Swim from 7 pm – 10 pm.
- $5 entry
- Check for prohibited items
- Open Daily 9 am – 10 pm
Just one part of the larger Butler Metro Park (formerly Town Lake Metro Park). This fountain overlooks downtown Austin, and lights up beautifully at night!
Located super close to campus, the splash pad is at the southern most point of the newly renovated Pease Park at 1100 Kingsbury St.
- Open daily 8 am – 10 pm
- Mid-May – Mid-September