Coming Up in ELC:
Applying to Graduate School Info. Session
- Join and learn about the graduate school application process at UT and other U.S. universities!
- A guest speaker from UT’s Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) has been invited provide UT-specific information and advice.
- We recommend everyone interested in applying for a Master’s degree or Ph.D. attend this session.
- Wednesday, June 7
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- MAI 220 C
- UT Tower (take elevator to 2nd floor)
- Register online
Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, June 6
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- PAR 208
You can join RecSports in-person or virtually. Either way, they will help you reach your goals!
- Membership to RecSports is not included in the cost of your ELC tuition.
- Memberships are between $20 – $26 each month.
- You can purchase your membership and additional services online, Linked HERE
Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex
It is starting to get hot in Austin. You can beat the heat at the Outdoor Lap and Leisure Pools or the Natatorium! The Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex offers 2 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, outdoor spa, deck space and lounging ledge. View facility hours HERE.
- Monday – Friday: 6 – 11 am
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 am – 1 pm
Outdoor Lap Pool:
- Monday – Friday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 – 5 pm
Outdoor Leisure Pool:
- Monday – Friday: 12 – 5 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 1 – 5 pm
Stay Active with TeXercise:
RecSports offers RecSports members access to purchase a TeXercise All-Access Pass to participate in group exercise classes offered in-studio and virtually. Whether you’d like to join in the studio, from home, or both, there is an option for you!
TeXercise All-Access Pass Information
- Monthly Price: $25
- Eligibility: Must be a current RecSports member to purchase.
- Unlimited access to 100+ in-studio TeXercise classes per week at on-campus locations.
- In-studio class formats: Barre, Kickboxing, Zumba, Total Body Strength, Pilates Mat, and Tabata Interval Training, F45 Training, Yoga, Aqua Fit, Step and Cycle
- Access to a library of 150+ pre-recorded on-demand classes and monthly calendars with suggested daily workouts.
- On-demand formats: Barre, Kickboxing, Zumba, Total Body Strength, Yoga, Pilates Mat, Tabata Interval Training, and more.
- Access to the Get Started with RecSports program.
- Intramural Sports- This program provides competitive and recreational sports leagues, tournaments and special events for all students, regardless of skill level. These activities foster leadership, sportsmanship, and education. Learn More.
- Sport Clubs- Compete like a Longhorn! Each club offers students the opportunity to pursue a higher degree of participation with a group of individuals interested in the same sport. There are 45 options! Learn More.
- Climbing Wall- The Gregory Gym features 2,600 square feet of indoor rock climbing! Once you are a RecSports member, you are eligible to purchase a day or monthly pass to the Climbing Wall! Linked Here.
- Adventure Trips- The Adventure Trip program offers a variety of adventure trips each term that are crafted to help you get outside and try new activities. Our day, weekend, and extended trips are guided by fellow students and UT staff to help you safely explore a new destination, learn new skills, and experience the outdoors. Adventure trips will return in the Fall 2023 semester. Learn More.