Upcoming Social Events:
- Practice your English conversation skills with native English speakers!
- Tuesday, September 19
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm
- MEZ 1.122
Murder Mystery Lunch Social
- Help solve a murder mystery during lunch! We will have a murder mystery game to challenge your detective skills.
- Friday, September 22
- CBA 3.202 Legacy Events Room
Texas Global: Downtown Art Walk
- Explore downtown Austin and visit various iconic pieces of art in the city!
- Participants will be placed into small groups with staggered start times and will check in at the Bird Sculpture in Republic Square. International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) staff will give you your Downtown Art Walk locations and details about the optional social media contest. The Art walk takes around 1.5 – 2 hours to complete.
- Saturday, September 23
- 10:00 am 12:00 pm
- Republic Square, 422 Guadalupe St.
- Register Here!
Pools and Splash Pads in Austin
Austin is a wonderful place to live, but it get HOT during the summer! Here are some ways to stay cool while you explore UT and Austin this summer.
- Lap swimming
- Leisure swimming
- Water Basketball
- Water Volleyball
- Monday – Friday:
- 6 – 9 am
- 12 – 2 pm
- 5 – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 am – 2 pm
Outdoor Lap Pool:
- Monday – Thursday: 7 am – 10 pm
- Friday: 7 am – 9 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 11 am – 8 pm
Outdoor Leisure Pool:
- Monday – Friday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 12 – 5 pm
- Gregory Gym Aquatic Complex is a part of RecSports.
- Membership to RecSports is not included in your ELC tuition.
- You can purchase your membership online, linked here.
- $26 a month!
- Natural spring-fed water.
- It’s COLD! 68-70 degrees Fahrenheit (20-21 degrees Celsius)
- Federally protected habitat, which is home to the Barton Springs Salamander.
- Hours: Guarded Swim – MTWFSS (everyday except Thursday) 8 am – 10 pm
- Thursday – closed 9 am – 7 pm. Open Guarded Swim from 7 pm – 10 pm.
- $5 entry
- Check for prohibited items
- Open Daily 9 am – 10 pm
Just one part of the larger Butler Metro Park (formerly Town Lake Metro Park). This fountain overlooks downtown Austin, and lights up beautifully at night!
Located super close to campus, the splash pad is at the southern most point of the newly renovated Pease Park at 1100 Kingsbury St.
- Open daily 8 am – 9 pm
- May – October